Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Will You Be Watching? Nathan's Famous Annual July 4th Hot Dog Eating Contest Is Tomorrow

I've said it before...this contest is really gross. Let me add a few more descriptives...puke inducing, gluttonous, horrid, stupid, funny, nasty, and simply just wrong. I know what you might say; it's all in fun, it's just a contest, they don't eat like this all the time...blah, blah, blah. Come on people. Isn't this simply just a waste of food?

Above is 100 lbs. Sonya Thomas who was on 660 WFAN Sports Talk radio today being interviewed by Joe and Evan, along with Joey Chestnut. In the you-can't-make-this-stuff-up department, Joe Beningo asked Sonya, and I quote..."As a woman how do you feel putting all those Hot Dogs in your mouth?" Really Joe? First off why on earth the two of them were being interviewed on sports radio is beyond me, eating contests are not a sport.


It's all about entertainment, I guess. I know it's a tradition and all, and the Mayor has to be involved, but doesn't it seem like a big waste of time? Especially for the Mayor of New York? I know, I know...what's the big deal. In a time when the Mayor is fighting obesity in the City by taxing soda and limiting the use of salt in restaurants, his face is all over a food eating contest. Seems a bit hypocritical to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment