Saturday, July 21, 2012

Smorgasburg Sweets, Dough Brooklyn

Mmmmm....Doughnuts. Yummy, good, and all mine. No one can share because...well just because.

No trip to Smorgasburg is complete without a sweet treat to complete your meal, but for me it's the most important part. Without it I wouldn't feel altogether complete. It'd be like if I was winning a race and just as I was about to cross the finish line they'd forget to hold up the tape for me to run through. No, that's not quite the same, we're talking about food here. It'd be like a Burger without the Bun. The Pizza without the Cheese. Titanic without Leo! Can you imagine? I know I can't.
So when I go to an event like Smorgasburg a part of me is always focused on what I'm gonna eat after my meal is done. Honestly I'm probably thinking about it more. There's just something so intoxicating about sweets, especially very good sweets, and I know you know what I mean.
I try not to overindulge but it's in my nature. How I deal with it is to try and not eat sweets too often, and as hard as that seems it makes the whole experience feel way more special, and that's what I'm going with. I could easily eat Doughnuts every day, especially these from Dough in Brooklyn, but seriously when you only eat them once every so often they are oh so much better.
Just walking past their tent at Smorgasburg is dangerous. You can smell their Doughnuts even if the Fried Fish tent is right next door, and man is the line always long. Anything that delicious is worth waiting for.
Look, even their sign looks like it was deep fried.

Man these Doughnuts were good, mind you, I didn't eat them all myself. After waiting in the line for a lifetime I still hadn't made up my mind exactly what I was going to pick. Should I get just one to try? Should I get two to compare? Aw crap, just give me one of these, one of these and yeah that one right there. In total 3, but I could have easily ordered 6, or 12, or 20.

Lemon Poppy Glazed, Raspberry Glazed and of course a Toasted Coconut Glazed...I mean those are probably not what they're really called, but I was in such a Doughnut haze I might have asked to buy a piece of the plexiglass in front of me. Yes they had plexi protecting the Doughnuts because they need protecting. I guess I could have just told the lovely lady to pick three of them for me because it really wouldn't have mattered.

Up until today Doughnut Plant had the best Doughnuts in the City, however that crown now belongs to Dough of Brooklyn, and man my taste buds couldn't be happier...




No comments:

Post a Comment