Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Creature Of Habit: Starbucks In The Morning

I know what you are gonna say. Starbucks, really? You are writing about the food? Yes...in fact I am. Sometimes it's the little things in life. I have always loved the mix of yogurt, granola and fruit in the morning but often when you buy some that has already been prepared the granola is all soggy and mushy. There's no way I am not going to put it all in separate containers and bring it to work with me either (even though that would save some money). I love my Strawberry & Blueberry Yogurt Parfait from Starbucks every morning, taking out the separated granola and mixing it all together. It's fun! And all for only $3.45, plus the $2.50 for my venti Pikes Place Roast. Right there at the corner of 19th and Park, sitting with my coffee and yogurt parfait, reading my Daily News ignoring those all around, including the pleasant staff who try to befriend me to no avail. All I am interested in is the parfait with it's extra crunchy bits combined with the juicy blueberries and strawberries, it's an explosion of fruitiness! Honestly it's a bit small and often I am still hungry afterwards...hmmm maybe I should just eat less? What a thought. So the next time you are in a Starbucks, and you know you will be, please give the Yogurt Parfait a try. However not all Starbucks serve the same items in every location, a fact I learned when I grabbed a parfait at the Vegas airport only to discover that it was only pretending to be the yogurt, berry and granola blend that I was used to. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment