Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Love The Smell Of Doughnut Plant In The Morning


Oh sweet Doughnuts from Doughnut Plant, how you tease me with your deliciousness...

Do you think it's a problem that I wanted to eat every Doughnut in the box? I think not! So we had a visit from a relative this weekend who thought they were being cool and introducing us to Doughnut Plant Doughnuts...how naive. To think that I, a food blogger, hadn't already visited their shop on several occasions to try their amazing baked confections is utterly irresponsible! Jeez. However it was still a good idea...

I will never refuse a gift of Doughnuts, especially ones that I consider to be some of the best I have ever had (and almost the best in the City, see Dough Brooklyn.) Actually I'd never seen a larger box of Doughnuts before when my wife's cousin walked through our door, but I was even more surprised that she didn't bring her normal wares of Fresh Mozzarella, sliced Sopressata and Three Meat Bread from Parisi Bakery...damn.

To be fair to everyone, we cut up the Doughnuts in little pieces so we could all have a try of the various flavors. Normally I would have opened the box and grabbed a couple to eat all by myself, but I didn't feel like being selfish on this day. There was Carrot Cake, Blueberry, Cinnamon and Sugar, Tres Leches, Pistachio, and Blackout, all of which were of the Cake variety. If you've never been to Doughnut Plant they offer their Doughnuts in two versions: Cake and Yeast. Cake being more dense and smaller with the Yeast being large and lighter. It's a hard choice but one I love to make.

Out of this batch it truly was hard for me to pick a favorite but if I had too it would be Tres Leches, with a close second to Carrot Cake...there I go making a list of the best. Look, they were all amazing, you can't possibly go wrong buying any of the flavors from Doughnut Plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment