Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adam Richman's Best Sandwich In America Goes To Philly

Di Nic's is the winner...

The City of Brotherly Love? Nope. The City with America's Best Sandwich...according to Adam Richman. Tonight on the Travel Channel Adam announced his favorite sandwich out of 32 that he had tried across the country visiting 28 cities to do so. That must have been some journey and I'm really, really jealous. And also envious because it was really a tough task to judge something that is truly very subjective and man because I wish I could have done it.

Agree or disagree, that is the question. I sit here and think that I can't do either because I have no common frame of reference. I have only tried two of the sandwiches on Adam's list and I'm totally biased by one of them...Katz Pastrami. It's a sandwich I have been eating since I was a teenager, so how could I possibly choose anything else? And that's my point. Unless you have tried all of the 32 sandwiches you can't definitively choose the best sandwich in America.

So to all of you out there who poo-poo lists (like I have at certain times) that name the best of this or the best of that, think twice. First off it's one persons opinion and second, until you do it yourself, you will have a biased opinion....

So I congratulate Adam Richman on his delicious quest and hope that someday I get the chance to try all 32...

No comments:

Post a Comment