Sunday, June 17, 2012

Smorgasburg 6/16: The Aftermath of a Delicious Day in Williamsburg

Fried Chicken and Waffles from Buttermilk Channel
Chicken and Waffles, need I say more? So it didn't take much convincing to get my family to take a detour to Williamsburg yesterday (before heading to see the in-laws in Bay Ridge,) to go to Smorgasburg, the best food festival in the city. Not to mention that it was probably one of the most beautiful days of the year. First off, it's completely overwhelming to have to choose something to eat without feeling like a pig, and especially when you have to kids in tow. Everywhere you look food vendors from all over the region are selling some of the most mouth-watering treats you'll ever find, so my advice is go prepared. Literally you could spend hours walking from tent to tent trying to figure out what you are going to eat, and then when you think you have decided, you see some guy walk by with a meat filled sandwich that looks amazing. Then of course you realize that there are no bad choices. When I say go prepared, check out their website www.brooklynflea.com/smorgasburg/, and see what foods tickle your fancy. My wife seemed to be the only one to listen since she had requested the Fried Chicken and Waffles after seeing the photo on the website. Me on the other hand? You can lum me in with the kids because everything I saw I wanted.
Brisket Sandwich from Lonestar Empire
I finally ended up with a Brisket Sandwich from Lonestar Empire with a side of Potato Salad and accoutrements, that's French for stuff. The kids were actually way easier than I was.
Ribs from Baby Got Back Ribs
Ribs and Vietnamese noodles for the little ones who made me look silly because they chose like they knew what they were doing. I'm a mess. It's probably the worst scenario for me to be standing in the middle of 100 food vendors, I just can't avoid feeling like I'm missing something better. Oh well. It was still a great experience only enhanced by the fact that it's right on the water with an amazing view of Manhattan.
That's my daughter with her Mets cap on
So listen, if you want to have an amazing food day, either alone or with a group, head out to Brooklyn and experience Smorgasburg for yourself. You'll thank me, I guarantee it.

A few more pictures for your enjoyment:

People's Pops Shaved Ice


Brooklyn Piggies Pigs in a Blanket
Mimi and Coco's Teriyaki Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment