Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Donatella Wins Best Ice Cream Sandwich In NYC, So Says the Daily News

Courtesy of the Daily News

Near and dear to most children's hearts (and most adults as well,) the Ice Cream sandwich is a staple of Americana. I can remember spending my summers at the town pool, scrounging up enough money to by a couple of them, and devouring every morsel before the chocolate tops of the sandwiches stuck to my fingers. One was never enough, three far too many, but the sandwiches were a perfect amount of Ice Cream and cookie (?). So when I saw that the Daily News was trying to find out who in town made the best Ice Cream sandwich I was immediately enthralled. The Rainbow Cookie Ice Cream sandwich at the Chelsea Pizza parlor Donatella was the winner, besting several other candidates from across the city. I must admit I have never exactly been a Rainbow cookie lover, but I can easily be swayed with the right combination. However the real treat of this delectable dessert is the filling, Vanilla Gelato topped with a smidge of Strawberry Rhubarb Jam....mmmmmgood! Ok enough of my blathering. Click the link below to read the article:

www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/best-york-donatella-wins-best-ice-cream-sandwich-article-1.1095015

No comments:

Post a Comment