Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Philly Beats NYC In Best Sandwich of the Northeast, So Says Adam Richman

Courtesy of the Travel Channel

 After watching the first episode of Adam Richman's new show on the Travel Channel, as a New Yorker, I gotta say I'm a bit bummed out. How in the world could he not choose Katz Corned Beef and Pastrami on Rye? I dunno. The winner of the best sandwich of the Northeast is pictured above, and man does it look delicious. It's the Roast Pork Sandwich from DiNic's in Philadelphia's Reading Terminal Market, and as Adam says it's only his opinion. I have not had the opportunity to go down to Philly to visit DiNic's, but it's certainly a place I want to go as I have wanted to try the Roast Pork for some time. Being a huge fan of Katz, it's hard for me to imagine another sandwich being better, obviously I'm biased. Katz is a New York City landmark, with it's fabulous Pastrami, Corned Beef, Hot Dogs, Pickles and ambiance, it just simply smells NYC. 
Back to the show...I really enjoyed this new sandwich competition show hosted by the one and only Adam Richman, who has become a regular in my home. Man V. Food at times was a bit disgusting as it often showcased ridiculous over-eating contests that no normal human should endure, even though at times was fun to watch. This show however offers much more in the way of responsibility and I look forward to seeing where it will go. Of course all it does is make me want to travel the country eating all the sandwiches to see just what I think, but who's gonna pay for all that? Anyway, tune in next Wednesday at 9pm on the Travel Channel to see which sandwiches will represent their regions in the quest for America's Best Sandwich...

No comments:

Post a Comment