Monday, July 5, 2010

Back To Business And Back To Vanessa's Dumplings...I'm Addicted!

Ok I know what you are gonna say....what the hell are you doing eating soup on a 97 degree day you moron! All I can say is that when it's hot outside I crave soup...go figure. Actually I didn't start out thinking I was gonna have soup I had a hankering for some dumplings and right now the best place to get them is at Vanessa's. So of course not only did I have dumplings, eight of them to be exact, I also had Beef Noodle Soup! What can I say I was hungry and they weren't serving hot dogs (Nathan's joke). So this was the 3rd time this month (or 2 times in June and once so far in July) that I have gone to Vanessa's and you can certainly say that I am obsessing. The dumplings I chose were the Cabbage and Pork Steamed Dumplings which as always were extremely good. But the really great part of the meal was the soup. Ridiculous chunks of Roasted Beef and tasty Noodles topped off with Chives and some sort of green leafy thing that I am sure is good for me in some manner. Other than being blisteringly hot causing me to eat it very slowly, the soup was excellent and the slight hint of Cilantro really added to the enjoyment. I kind of wish I hadn't ordered any dumplings because I couldn't finish the soup....wait what am I saying, it's Vanessa's Dumplings for christ sake! This place makes me wish I had two stomachs. People gotta eat! Vanessa's is on 14th Street just east of 3rd Avenue next to a Dunkin Donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment