Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunrise Mart, A Japanese Market On Broome Street

I don't know about you but that picture above gets me excited. Ok I realize that sounds ridiculous but for someone like me who lives for the little things in life (because I can't afford the big things) Sunrise Mart is where my dreams come true (That's also a silly statement but I liked the sound of it). A lovely little Japanese market right in the heart of SOHO and luckily real close to my companies main office. I can't say that I stumbled upon it, because I didn't, my goofball boss happened to be eating some soup from there one day and told me I should go. Now I am a huge fan of everything Japanese when it comes to the cuisine...except for Sushi. I know what you are going to say, there is no Japanese cuisine without Sushi blah blah blah, but you are wrong. There's lots of other great stuff for weirdos like me to nosh on. For instance the wonderful Soba Noodle Soup with Shrimp Tempura that you see in the photo. And of course no meal is complete without an order of Edamame and no I don't like to share the delicious salted soybeans. Then I topped it off with an Orangina? That's not very Japanese...oh well I really like it. Well the Soba Noodle soup was extra delicious and I dunked the Shrimp Tempura into the broth....yummy! A perfect little meal for the chilly days ahead. Be sure to visit Sunrise Mart because they offer a whole lot more. Like already prepared meals, Japanese candies and snacks, loads of drink choices and many many interesting little trinkets, but the food is why I go.    

No comments:

Post a Comment