Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Because Of Manzo Eataly Gets Another Shot

There was no way I could have known I would be back inside Eataly so soon after my first visit, especially since I wasn't overly thrilled with the experience. When it comes to food however you just never know. So when a friend said that she wanted to give the place a try I said sure why not, I've done worse things in life. What a difference between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. One of my biggest complaints was how much awkward space there seemed to be and how arbitrarily things seemed to be placed inside the shop. Well that all changed with a little bit more business. The place was packed to the gills and it felt like a real marketplace! It's amazing how my perception could change so much in just one visit. Anyway our goal was to sit down and eat at one of the restaurants, of which we chose Manzo (Meat in Italian), but they only had two seats at the bar because they were so busy. No problem we thought and sat down quickly. After a quick look at the menu, and a few questions for the bartender, I chose the Roasted Vegetable Salad and the Sausage Papardelle as my entree. First off what great choices! The salad was really delicious with lots of sweet flavors and it had the most amazing sauce that I don't remember what it was called. Who cares, it was great! The Sausage Papardelle, while a bit salty, was very tasty and just the right serving size for lunch. I especially liked the addition of Radicchio to the pasta dish. While it was a bit pricey I will say that the flavor and the quality kind of sorta made up for it...it was easier to handle when it was expensed as a business lunch. The only way to go. As I said in my earlier post about Eataly I thought that the place was a work in progress and that feeling hasn't changed, only now I have something to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment