Friday, August 13, 2010

Dr. Browns Black Cherry Soda: Best Soda Ever!

This soda always reminds me of a Jewish deli in Hartsdale, NY called Epsteins, where I used to sit for hours as a kid watching the guys behind the counter serve hot dogs with sauerkraut. At least that's all I thought they did. Dr. Browns soda was originally created way back in 1869 by a doctor who used it to treat immigrant children. The original flavor was called Cel-ray, because it was celery flavored and it had sugar and celery seeds in it. Now the reason Dr. Browns became so prevalent in Jewish deli's is because way back when it was the only kosher soda, so obviously that's why to me the two are always associated. Honestly I try not to drink it too much becuase I always want to have Dr. Browns Black Cherry Soda as a special treat, besides I only eat in Jewish deli's every so often...also a treat. There is nothing better than a Pastrami on Rye, Pickles, Cole Slaw and a Dr. Browns. So the next time you are in a shop that offers Dr. Browns do yourself a favor and order one, you will thank me...promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment