Monday, August 9, 2010

Chips And Guac At Chipotle: A Delicious Snack

Some of you probably think I have a huge appetite and that my stomach is a bottomless pit capable of eating an entire cow, a whole chicken and one of the three little piggy's...that couldn't be farther from the truth. I am a perfect example of someone whose eyes are clearly bigger than their stomach, in fact I obsess more about eating food in my mind than I do in actually eating it...if that makes any sense. So sometimes I may be thinking large Roast Beef sandwich with all the fixings, when in actuality I might be feeling a Salad with Grilled Chicken. It's boring, I know, but it's reality. The other day sitting at work, my stomach grumbled loud and hard(nobody else heard it but me) right at 12:00 prompting me to scour the web for someplace interesting to eat. Burger joints, sandwich shops, you name it, I checked them all out, but I couldn't hone in on any one in particular and continued to sit at my desk for...jeez, probably another hour. Thoroughly confused and hungry I decided that the problem was that I might not be all that hungry afterall and had to alter my direction. Simple yet tasty. Fast and filling but not crappy. After a quick wander around the block I ended up walking into a place I have frequented numerous times, but usually with alterior motives. Chips and Guacamole from Chipotle and a Large Lemonade/Iced Tea(or Arnold Palmer) to wash it all down. It was the first time, in fact, that I ever walked out of a Chipotle without a Burrito or a Burrito Bowl and I wasn't unhappy about it either! Fresh and always tasty, the Guacamole never disappoints and surprisingly filled me up enough to last me until I got home for dinner...who-hoo. In all honesty I could have eaten two servings of the Chips and Guac but like I said, matter over mind...less is more? I dunno. It was good so I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment