Monday, September 3, 2012

Tom Colicchio Talks About The End Of Craft And Retirement


The end of Craft...

Well not the end exactly, just the end of expansion. Tom is a busy guy these days and with two little ones running around it's got him thinking about walking away from it all and retiring. Wow.

I myself am a self proclaimed lover of all things Colicchio since I've eaten at practically every one of his establishments in the New York area and have never been disappointed. The man knows what he is doing and always seems to know just how to tweak his menus to keep it fresh without blowing it up all together.

So when the man comes out and says he's not going to roll out anymore restaurants I get a little nervous because in my mind that means he'll probably turn over the whole operation to someone else. Eeeeek! I see it as a one way ticket to ordinary, but I'm getting ahead of myself...this isn't going to happen really, he'll never be able to let go. He'll step away for awhile then then make a triumphant return...

Yeah sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment