Friday, September 7, 2012

CoolHausNY Makes The Best Fried Chicken and Waffles...Ice Cream Sandwich!


That's Fried Chicken and Waffles? Yes, indeed it is, and it was fabulous. Actually I don't remember a whole lot about it since I barely took a breath while eating it.

I'd just come from a meeting in Chelsea and decided I was going to see what food trucks were hanging out in Union Square Park, the new hot spot for lunch. Visions of Steak Sandwiches and Tacos danced in my head as I walked down Broadway past numerous eateries that were not going to get my money. Food Trucks are the on-the-go meal trend in the City, for the days when you don't have time to sit and relax.

Eventually my plan was to end up all the way downtown so grabbing a meal-to-go was an obvious choice, but what selections would their be? Luckily there only needed to be one.

CoolHausNY sat amongst five other trucks nestled between a Smoothie Truck and the UPS man. Quickly I scanned their flavors of the day conveniently posted on the side of their truck and also on a chalkboard sign on the street. There it was, like finding a Yeti in the forrest that had avoided me for years, their Fried Chicken and Waffles Ice Cream. I would have jumped for joy if no one was looking, but the line was long so I needed to act quickly.

As I moved into 2nd position the girl in front of me received her order and remarked..."This is the coolest thing I've ever had." An overstatement at best, but I could understand her excitement. The fellow inside the truck, realizing her comment replied..."It is CoolHaus after all." To which I had to chuckle. The fact remains that these Ice Cream Sandwiches really do something to bring out the kid in all of us.

Fried Chicken and Waffles on Snickerdoodle Cookies. Done.


The Ice Cream is so good. The Cookies are delicious. Even the piece of edible paper that they wrap it in is a unique sensation, but the truth of the matter is that I'm not sure I really tasted the flavor and that's not completely a bad thing. I really think I ate it too fast since I was so excited to actually have finally had it in my hands. Still the experience was a good one, wait no, a great one. No one else makes as good an Ice Cream Sandwich in NYC as CoolHaus does and I am truly glad to be able to sample their wares from time to time. 

For me the jury is still out on the Fried Chicken and Waffles which mean only one thing...that I am going to have to try it again sometime soon. Thank you CoolHausNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment